It is officially March, which means it is officially National Nutrition Month! National Nutrition Month was started by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in order to bring attention to the importance of making healthy food choices and developing sound physical activity and eating habits.
Keep these tips in mind to help you take full advantage of National Nutrition Month.
- Make a plan – making a plan of what you are going to eat and going shopping for the ingredients can help to ensure that you are prepared for the whole week. It will also help to reduce the amount of stress you have to deal with at the end of the day when looking for something to make for dinner.
- Stock up on healthy foods – if you have delicious, healthy foods in your kitchen, you are less likely to make bad choices. Cut up everything you need to throw together a healthy salad or sandwich so that you have a healthy choice when hunger strikes.
- Remember your fruits and veggies – most people who buy fruits and vegetables end up throwing them out because they go bad. Cut up fruits and veggies and create little “snack packs” in your fridge so you will be less likely to toss out fruits and veggies.
- Earn your calories – the more calories you burn throughout the day, the more you can eat and maintain a healthy weight. Get moving throughout the day to help you burn more calories all day long.
- Reward yourself – do not deprive yourself of all guilty pleasures. Try to stick to the 90/10 rule, and leave 10 percent of your weekly diet for eating out and a little sweet snack.
For all of your insurance coverage needs, contact the insurance professionals at Access West, Inc. in Murrieta, California.